The Assessor annually notices and administers over 1.7 million real and personal property parcels/accounts with full cash value of more than $475 billion in 2017. Please refer to our News/Press Release page for important information from the Assessors office. This site is designed to serve the public with a variety of informational items. Please spend some time browsing the site to see all of the different pages and options available to the public. We are committed to continuing to improve and upgrade this site. If you have comments or questions about the information which is available please contact the Maricopa County S.T.A.R. Center at 602-506-3406 or contact us using this form.
Who are Appraisers?
What does the Assessor do?
The Assessor has the following basic responsibilities:
- Locates and identifies all taxable property in Maricopa County and further identifies the ownership.
- Establishes a value for all property subject to property taxation.
- Lists the values of all property on the assessment roll.
- Apply all legal exemptions.
The Assessor does not:
- Compute property tax bills.
- Collect property taxes.
- Establish property tax laws.
- Set rules by which property is appraised.