Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to the a list of common questions other users have asked. You can filter the results to a particular category or properties and services using the Filter by Category option below, and further refine your search useing the FAQ Search box.

Mobile homes

When a mobile or manufactured home (MH) is affixed to real estate, the MH unit still follows the personal property depreciation rate set by the Department of Revenue. The MH value is listed as a cost object with the original Factory List Price (FLP) as the baseline.

Here’s an example using a two-year-old double wide MH on a parcel with $24,000 in yard improvements (such as sheds and other fixtures) and a modeled land value of $45,000. FLP less depreciation is added to the land and yard improvements for the total parcel value.

Mobile homes that are not affixed as real property are valued based on their factory list price, depreciation, and guidelines from the Arizona Department of Revenue.

Please contact the Maricopa County Treasurer for all questions regarding taxes or online at their website.
Please contact Development Services for zoning information.
In addition to the 504 property tax clearance you will need to contact Maricopa County Central Permits for additional permit information.
This permit is required by the Assessor's office prior to moving a mobile/manufactured home to insure taxes are paid and to update our records of the new location and/or the new owner information pursuant to A.R.S. § 42-19107 and § 42-19155 .
The fund was established and is maintained by the State of Arizona to assist tenants who live in Mobile Home Parks with the cost of relocating their mobile/manufactured home due to a change in the use of land which is rented by the tenant. For additional information regarding the mobile home relocation fund please refer to the Arizona Revised Statutes § 33-1476.01 , § 33-1476.02 , § 33-1476.03 , § 33-1476.04 .
The serial number or VIN is located on the top left hand corner of your title. If you do not have a copy of your title, contact the Motor Vehicle Department to obtain a duplicate.
You should contact the Assessor's office upon selling or purchasing a mobile/manufactured home. Be sure to have the new owner's full name and proper mailing address to update the account. You must also contact the AZ MVD to update their records.
To update your owner/mailing information, you will need to complete the Mobile Home New Owner/New Mailing Address Change form. The form is located on the webpage or call the office to request one mailed to you.
If you own a mobile/manufactured home and you are not receiving a valuation notice, please contact the Assessor's office.
If your home is on the personal property tax roll the appeal must be filed with the County Assessor within 30 calendar days of the mailing of the valuation notice. If your home is affixed an appeal must be filed with the Assessor's office within 60 calendar days from the mailing of your real property notice of value.